To minimize the spread of the corona virus, this office has engaged a plan for the safety of all office visitors and the therapist. The following guidelines are subject to change due to updates from the CDC and the state of Florida.
- You will receive an email before your appointment with the latest CDC recommended screening of COVID-19 symptoms. If you have any of the symptoms, you will be asked to cancel the appointment and to not come in to the office. Telehealth may be an option if you are feeling well.
- You will remain in the parking lot until the therapist informs you that she is ready for your appointment. If you decide to sit in the waiting room, Safe Gardens Counseling is not responsible for an increase of COVID-19 exposure.
- Masks are required once you enter and exit the building, unless the client has a medical condition that prevents the wearing of a mask, or any child under the age 2, per the CDC recommended guidelines.
- Your therapist will wear a mask and a face shield to greet you in the waiting room and will ask you to fill out the same screening form that was emailed to you.
- Body temperature will be taken using a touch-less thermometer. If you have a fever during the screening, your appointment will be canceled.
- There is a restroom in the building, which clients may use to wash their hands. Once the client and the therapist entered the office, both will use the touch-less dispenser which has hand sanitizer.
- Disposable gloves are available if the client prefers to wear gloves after hands are cleaned.
- There is a Plexiglass shield in the office that will separate the client and the therapist.
- The client has the option to wear a face mask and / or a face shield during treatment.
- Social distancing will be implemented as much as possible but in certain instances, such as during play therapy, this may be difficult. When 6 ft. social distancing is not possible, everyone in the room will have a face shield and or mask, the Plexiglas barrier. The therapist will always wear a shield and mask.
- Each client will have their own individual supply box (e.g. pen, pencil, crayons, color pencils, glue, and paper).
- The therapist will have an air purifier on from open to close of business day.
- The therapist will ensure to block off time in between sessions, to disinfect and / or sanitize the office.
- If other accommodations are needed, please let your therapist be know ahead of time to allow time to explore options.